Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Laura's journal of new artwork!

There's been a lull in artistic activity over January and February that I had not anticipated. Usually - the family leaves us alone and we are free to finish off home improvement projects and I am free to get some serious painting done. That just didn't happen this year - and I am not quite certain why. None the less, I need to work and I've found that a few days off of work does a body good - I can finish up paintings that I had started but a few months ago.

One of these paintings, which I've decided to title "Afternoon Clouds" (that of course stays only if I don't come up with a better name) is now proudly drying on the easel. this painting was a long time in the works, I had the sky perfect, but the landscape was lacking. I think finally - I have finished it enough and it makes the statement that I desire, so now it's time to get it out to KSK Graphics to have it photographed. But I'm still waiting on drying paint. Hopefully, within the month we'll be OK to get it done.

Happily, another will been soon to follow it. This one is an acrylic on canvas and is in the style of the "Ancient Earth Series" The new piece is yet unnamed, but it is the first in line to be photographed, so we should see it within the next few weeks.

And finally,  a piece that has been in the collection for a while is going to be released for prints."Solitude in Blue and Green" a take-off of a Monet painting, will be ready for print sales late this month. This is exciting, as the piece has gotten quite a bit of attention lately and I think collectors will be happy to have it available to them.

And there are other pieces in the pipeline...no names yet, no descriptions - but soon to make their debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment