Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ideas for new canvases

So I went to one of my favorite stores for buying art stuff and they had canvases on sale. What good fortune was mine that evening as I purchased on very large canvas and one small. Oswald got a toy, too. He always does when I visit this establishment.

So on the large canvas, I am now planning my first ever portrait of Severance Hall. I had this idea many years ago, started it and then scrapped it. I wish I wouldn't do that - but here I am again...

I have pictures that I took some years ago as reference, and I look forward to doing this piece, but my attention keeps going to the small canvas and what to do with it. There is just nothing more intimidating, and nothing more exciting than a blank canvas - so very many possibilities.

In the meantime - I am getting some great feedback on "Wild Sun" a painting of sunflowers - Van Gogh style sunflowers! It's been a highly successful painting and although I wish to blog about it - what does one say? Sunflwers are simply a great subject and you can never go wrong. Check it out on FineArtAmerica!

No comments:

Post a Comment